CatCampus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CatCampusLog in

Coming soon

descriptionReflection: Darkkorn EmptyReflection: Darkkorn

more_horiz
A lot of times I find myself dreaming of the finished project. I do enjoy the journey but I focus too much on what I wish it was. I also find myself needing a break constantly instead of just powering through for a while before taking one. I like doing work for myself and not as fearful, but when doing art for other people I tend to have a lot more fear. My adhd causes me to especially need a routine. Without a schedule I often forget what I am doing, don't know what to do next, or just get lost in something completely different. I often need to "gamify" things or reward myself so that I can get things done which is why I end up taking breaks after everything I do. I guess I need to just work myself up to doing things for longer times before taking a break. Community has been one of the most helpful factors in my journey. Pixel cats has really sparked an attachment to my cats and the want for art for them. Flight Rising and Wings of Fire have really sparked my interest in dragons, and want to learn mythical creatures in general. Having a world to explore really helps me enjoy the art and characters even more than I already do. Experiencing all these things with Mothmori has been amazing being able to talk about the worlds and listen to the stories and lore together. My specialty I feel like is celebrating small wins as I tend to celebrate and break a lot maybe too much... I am awful at criticism both giving and receiving, but I am working on being more open and not beating myself up about it and instead learning from it. Without personal goals and a schedule, I am basically a car with no gas. I still embrace too much fixed mindset. I am most terrible at feedback and obstacles. I am not so much afraid of challenge, but maybe too ready to tackle the most challenging ideas I could think of. This is where short term goals would really help me out so that I could reach my long-term vision, and switching my mindset from outcome to process. My best qualities are the love for learning, but I could really work on embracing my effort.

descriptionReflection: Darkkorn EmptyRe: Reflection: Darkkorn

more_horiz
Assignment Approved!

Moderator's Notes:

Hey @darkkorn98,
Thank you for your introspective reflection! Here's some feedback:
  1. Journey vs. Outcome: Remember, every brushstroke counts. Cherish the process as much as the final piece.
  2. Work-Break Balance: Consider setting specific work intervals followed by rewards or breaks to optimize your workflow.
  3. Artistic Fear: Every piece you share is a growth milestone. Embrace feedback—it's a tool for improvement.
  4. Routine Importance: Given your ADHD, structured routines or reminders might help maintain focus.
  5. Community's Role: It's evident how communities like Pixel Cats and Flight Rising inspire you. Keep drawing strength from them!
  6. Goals & Mindset: Break down larger ambitions into smaller steps. Switching focus from the outcome to the process will be beneficial.
  7. Strengths & Growth: Your love for learning is a tremendous asset. Embrace every opportunity, and remember—growth comes from both successes and challenges.

Stay inspired, Darkkorn! We're eager to see your next steps.
Best, Admin

Next Steps:

1. Check out the next assignment in the module.
2. Engage with fellow artists in the community section.
3. Always feel free to reach out if you need assistance or feedback!

Continue your artistic journey with Cat Campus!
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply